Square Payments

I’d like to be part of the beta group please.

Hi @RGCreative

No problem at all. We’ll keep you posted with this, and we’ll let you know when we’re ready to accept testers :slight_smile:

Good morning Glenn,
Just to give you a little update: For now I managed to get the pence, send from square, transferred in to Pounds, used in quickfile. I use a integration app in zapier called Formatter. Thanks again for your support and I am looking forward to your very own direct square integration.

1 Like

Hi rhc - I am having a similar problem. Until the new integration that Glenn & Co are working on is ready, could you possibly share what you did with Formatter so that I don’t have to manually modify every invoice that comes through my zaps! Thx :slight_smile:

ETA: I figured it out - here’s the screen shots in case anyone else needs to figure this out prior to the new feature being implemented:

Editing to add a final step - on the Quickfile send, change the Total Amount output from Square to the Formatted Amount. Thanks to @rhc for their input on that step.

Then in ‘Send Data’ just test and review / test and continue.

HTH
Kath

@QFMathew could you possibly add me to the Beta testing group too? Thanks

Hi MoKaPottery
In Zapier, first you activate and fill all the necessary things for square (you probably did already). Then add the Formatter before you add quickfile. If you have quickfile already added, just add Formatter between these two. Open Formatter and select Numbers in the first field, Next field (Transform): Perform Math operation, Next field (Operation): Divide, Next field (Input): Line 1: use the line with the amount in pence (for example someone paid you £30 then it is shown as 3000), Line 2: type the number 100, No need to fill Line 3. Click continue and test it, for the example above it now shows 30. In the quickfile app in zapier use the 30 from the Formatter app to fill the amount field. Done

But keep in mind, if you use 3 step zaps (like this one) you have to pay for zapier.

Thanks for this. I had figured out most of it last night, but was missing the Total Amount Output from Formatting rather than Square. This is now working well.

Thanks also for the headsup about this 3-step Zap being a premium feature. I’ll let it run for my 14 day trial then evaluate whether I want to upgrade on a month to month basis while I wait for the QF integration. It really depends on whether it saves me $24.99 worth of time in 14 days :wink:

We are now in a position to start accepting testers for the Square integration.

If you would like to test this for us, please send your QuickFile account number in a private message to @QFSupport, and we’ll enable this on your account.

Can you please explain for me how I now offer Square as a payment method?

I’ve enabled Square in the Quickfile settings, but I don’t see how the client gets a link in their invoice email to use Square as the payment for an invoice. Do they only see this when they visit their client portal to pay?

That’s correct. In a similar way to how the Stripe option works, they should now see “Square” as a payment option too.

OK, understood. In that case, since I only want Square or Bank Transfer as options, I assume I need to unlink PayPal, and GoCardless in my settings? If I do that, can I still use GoCardless direct debits or will it kill that as well? Because…

What I really need is Square to replace GoCardless regular DDs. I can set up regular monthly payments on Square but then it’s a non-integrated process. I want my Quickfile scheduled invoices to be collected through Square, not manually paid.

You can disable them, but you mention, this will stop the GoCardless direct debits too. You can disable them on a client-by-client, or invoice-by-invoice payment. But by default, if they’re enabled there, it will be presented as a payment option to your clients.

This isn’t something that’s supported at this moment in time I’m afraid.

OK. Is it not supported because it can’t be or because it just hasn’t been done yet?

The reason I want it is that GoCardless payment schedules are to say the least, unpredictable. DD payment for an invoice generated on a Friday before a Bank Holiday can take 12 days to reach the bank (this has happened many times) whilst Square Payments are 48 hours maximum. That’s valuable.

I currently have to keep moving the generation dates of recurring invoices to ensure GoCardless payments reach me within the terms I offer to clients.

If I want my payments in quickly I have to disable GoCardless, but then I have to either (a) wait unpredictable periods for clients to pay manually even though I have stored card details on Square, or (b) do them myself by creating manual payments on Square as I do now… which means the integration so far isn’t giving me anything I didn’t already have. In fact, by offering Square I’m incurring higher charges per transaction because at the moment they use bank transfer - but then I don’t KNOW they’ve paid so I still have a manual reconciliation process to do which is as time consuming as doing Square invoices!

I’m sort of stuck between two stools. Either put up with GoCardless’ random payment schedule, or put up with creating duplicate invoices on Square. We’re halfway to Nirvana - which might not exist if the integration of scheduled invoice payment isn’t going to happen. :thinking:

Hi, I’m new a new business start up and new to QuickFile too. I’m looking to accept EPOS payments via Square and would like to know when this integration will be ready. Will it enable invoices to be synced to payments and drive payment details to the POS terminal?
It seems there are lots of things to learn, so any info/pointers would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

Hi @RichardCCH,

It is in testing stage at the moment, I will send you a private message to get your QuickFile account number if you’d like to be added to the beta group

Hi Beth, yes I would be interested in the Beta Group… Please advise.

Thanks
Richard

Hi folks,

I’m setting up small cycle maintenance and repair shop and I want to be able to take payments in the workshop and via email (payment link).
As I’m here I obviously want to use Square to do this and to integrate those payments with Quickfile.

From what I’ve read so far it seems the best way for me to create an invoice ‘in store’ (for POS) is to use the Square invoice creation and send the payment request to the card reader… hopefully simple enough but won’t know until the reader arrives.

My question is, if I use the billing approach outlined above, will Square create a matching invoice in Quickfile. From reading the above posts it seems I need to look at Zapier, but thought I’d check here before going down another Rabbit Hole…

Thanks
Richard

Hi RichardCCH,
No, the square feed in quickfile does not create an invoice, only a square account entry from which you can easy create an invoice. Click on the Tag button at the end of the bank entry and follow the steps.
If you want to have an invoice automatically created then you have to use zapier or similar software.
I also have to say, the feed only recognises card payments. If you also handle cash with your POS, no entry will be created, you have to do this manually or also over zapier.

Hi @rhc

many thanks for the prompt reply… I’ll take a look at Zapier over the weekend…

R.

Good to see the full integration active with a button for paying via Square.

I’m only worried about duplicate payments now. I have many clients on recurring invoices, and with recurring payments set up on Square to take payment automatically. Can I disable the Square payment option on either specific or all recurring invoices? If not, less vigilant clients might pay manually and then get charged again when Square takes its recurring payment.

I definitely want to have the payment option on all standard invoices so I’m switching it on. The recurring ones are the issue.

Thanks for enabling this integration, whatever the answer! It’s a great step forward for me.