SSL error cannot access secure website

For the last week I cannot log into my Quickfile account from my home PC. I can log in from another laptop though. The error I receive is an SSL error and a secure website could not be reached. I have checked the time and date - all OK. I can log into all other secure website, it is just Quickfile I cannot log into. Can you please help.

Thanks
Elaine

Which browser are you using? I would recommend clearing your history and cache.

We renewed the certificate about 2 weeks ago so it may have cached an earlier now expired certificate.

Hi Glenn,

I am using Google Chrome at home. I have cleared my browser history and reset the browser settings. I also tried using Internet Explorer at home but could not access Quickfile from there either. It does appear to be since you changed the certificate 2 weeks ago as I only logged in again last week due to having a few days holiday. I hope you can give me some more ideas as I’ve tried everything else which doesn’t work.

thanks,
Elaine

Are you able to screenshot the error message?

Also are you sure the clock is correct on your machine, this will certainly cause some SSL errors to appear.

Glenn, I have sent you an email.

Thanks
Elaine

Glenn,

I hope you have received my PM with the screen shots.

Regards
Elaine

For anyone else encountering this problem on Chrome it seems to be well documented here with some solutions:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/5-Bf0o6YxgM[1-25-false]

Thank you Glenn for your help, I will first have to work out how to temporarily disable my anti virus software. Google chrome is up to date. I tried to type in proceed in the browser, but nothing happened. Will work my way through the solutions and hopefully one will work.

Thanks
Elaine

No problem!

Try typing in danger, I think Chrome changed the keyword to get past this screen a few months ago.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.