Starling Bank - Card transactions not importing?

I set up the bank feed and understand that upon activating the service, all historical transanctions, will not populate my QF.

But nothing is coming through to QF.

The feed is “authorised” in Starling (courtesy of QR code) and it show live in QF.

I have had 3 fuel card transanctions following the activation; but these too are not showing up in QF?

Am I missing something?

Thanks all

Hi, did you link your starling bank account within quickfile to the open feed which is linked to your starling bank account?

When did you set it up? Card payments work a bit differently from other transactions, they only appear in QuickFile once the funds have cleared (which takes a couple of days), they’re not instant like bank transfers etc.

1 Like

Yes - and it shows up as active feed in QF

Hiya Ian

Love your website, btw

I think I set it up early in the week.

It shows active on bank feeds in QF, I assume its automatic, so I don’t need to manual refresh.

There should be 3 debit card transactions since the date I went live which aren’t showing up.

thanks

J

Do you have more than 1 Starling account under one login, for example a euro account, one or two current account and/or saving account? If so, did you choose/connect the right account?

It’s also worth checking the transactions themselves in your Starling app. If they show “Pending”, they won’t show up yet. They’ll only show when they clear and the “Pending” label is removed.

Slightly off topic, but I never even looked until you mentioned that. Turns out I have walked past it several times this week, and however many hundreds of times over the years. Got an office a few doors down!

Small world! Yeah, the shop is mainly run by my wife, I use QuickFile to do the books around my “day job” writing software at the university.

2 Likes

Small world again, I know some people in the University IT department!

Was this sorted?
I’m moving from Santander to Stalring and was going to link it to QF too.

Hi @andy871

There wasn’t an issue here. The card transactions only show up once they have settled and are no longer pending.

The entries in QuickFile should reflect your bank statement rather than the list of transactions in the app.

If you do have any queries however, we’re more than happy to take a look and help you.

1 Like

Andy, this was now resolved

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.