Starling Bank Feed - after free trial

I took the free 14 day trial for my Starling bank feed. It expired today and I have paid today to continue the feed. However, despite the feed saying real time updates, I do not see the card payment for the bank feed.

Do I have to do something in order for the feed to continue now I have paid for it? As I paid on the expiry date (as soon as I received the email) I would have expected the feed to continue without interruption.

Please advise what I should do.

The Starling feed does give real time updates, but only of cleared transactions. Things like Faster Payments bank transfers clear instantly but card payments take a few days to appear. This is not specific to Starling, it’s just the way that card payments work - the merchant makes an authorisation to provisionally reserve the funds at the point when you make the card payment but the money doesn’t actually leave your account until a couple of days later and it’s only at this point that the transaction will show up on a bank feed.

1 Like

Thank you, that makes sense

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.