Starling bank feed not working

Is quickfile still supported in starling?
My bank feed has stopped and I can’t seem to reconnect.

it shows
This bank feed is not currently active because your account access has been deactivated.
Please re-connect your Starling bank account.

But I can’t find anywhere in the app to reconnect it?

Hi @tom_44

If you remove the feed in QuickFile and then re-add you will be able to reauthorise through the app

and that won’t mess up anything else? such as all my previous tagged transactions?

Hi @tom_44

No, it won’t delete or remove anything that has already been imported :slight_smile:

why do i even need to do this

Hi @tom_44

Under the Open Banking regulations, you need to re-consent to the access every 90 days. Starling’s method of doing this is by sending you a notification in app.

If you don’t action this, the link will expire, meaning you’ll need to set it up again. Unfortunately, Starling doesn’t offer a way to do this again from our end, it has to be done in their app.

I reconnected it and it hasn’t synced. It has only synced when it was reconnected.

Can you please fix this? This is really poor.

These are major, critical accounts and I pay money for the bank feed so it’s kept in sync.

@QFBeth @QFMathew

I’m really disappointed. I am not an accountant and it was only by luck I noticed it didn’t sync it all.

I could get in major financial legal troubles by the tax people saying I haven’t declared profits.

I need a reliable accounting package.

What do you mean it hasn’t synced? Are new transactions not showing? Are they card payments?

I think that your problem is wtih Starling rather than with QF. We use the Starling feed and entries are pushed to QF as and when Starling process them. Starling don’t give QF access to a view of your account at a statement level.

If there is a gap in transmission of transactions to QF then you need capture those entries manually…

Sorry to hear you’re having some issues with the Starling feed @tom_44.

If you could clarify what transactions are missing (e.g. were they before you relinked the feed? are they card payments), we can certainly assist you further and look into this.

How do I export my accounts statement on quickfile over a 12 month period?

Hi @tom_44

I’ve removed your post due to the language used. As you rightfully mention, this is a public forum.

Apologies for any confusion with my post above, but I was talking in more general terms (were they from before you re-linked the feed; are they card transactions; are they direct debits, etc.)?

We would never ask you to share financial or private information on a public forum.

Well maybe if I wasn’t forced to post on a public forum:

1. The F word wouldn’t be public
  2. I wouldn’t have used the F word if you guys actually had a proper support centre.

Apologies for any confusion with my post above, but I was talking in more general terms (were they from before you re-linked the feed; are they card transactions; are they direct debits, etc.)?

Yes and I can’t even download my full statement history because quickfile won’t allow it. Plus it has a bug. You can try yourself by going to second page and trying to select the boxes beside transactions.

Again, a joke.

You can download a full statement by running an account backup. This will give you a complete list of all transactions. The bank statement view is limited to 50.

Were you looking to download the transactions to do a comparison? If so, using the reconciliation tool would be the better option as this allows you to compare your statement open and closing balance compared to your entries on QuickFile.

If you wish to mention any specific transactions or data, it’s best to do this in the private message you started with the support team

I’m still not seeing any private message system?

You can download a full statement by running an account backup. This will give you a complete list of all transactions. The bank statement view is limited to 50.
That’s a joke, I need more than 50.

Were you looking to download the transactions to do a comparison? If so, using the reconciliation tool would be the better option as this allows you to compare your statement open and closing balance compared to your entries on QuickFile.
Because quickfile doesn’t have any feature to pull in any previous statements from a bankfeed, I have to manually check each one.

Will the reconcilitation tool outline all the transactions missed?

Do you understand the issue here? I have lost about 100 transactions because quickfile and starling stopped talking to each other.

I pay quickfile for it to work

You have 100 transactions that have not been imported because you failed to renew the consent in your Starling app, without which QuickFile is not able to pull transactions from Starling. By design, this consent cannot be renewed by QuickFile, only by you personally in the Starling app. This is the entire point of the Open Banking initiative, it puts you in control of your bank account data and does not allow third parties to pull data without your recent and explicit consent.

It sounds to me like Starling are the ones who need to make their consent renewal process more obvious and send more reminders. I believe they send you a push notification in the app to renew the consent but if you clear or miss this notification then they don’t send you any further reminders before the feed expires.

As for how to fix things now, your best bet is to find the last date where your QuickFile balance agreed with your Starling balance, then download from Starling a CSV of all the transactions between that date and when you re-connected the feed. Upload that CSV to QuickFile and it should offer to skip anything it considers to be a duplicate - you may first want to go to “account settings” → “advanced settings” and widen the “Period Within Which to Check Bank Import Duplicates”. Hopefully your balances should then line up properly again.

Ian
(not QuickFile staff)

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.