Starling bank feed Transfers

I have the starling bank feed set up for my business account. I have noticed that if I transfer funds between my starling accounts, these are not reflected in the bank feed?

Hi @jamkat28

Am I right in thinking you selected the account from the payee screen, rather than having the other account setup as a payee?

Iā€™m not sure what you mean. I only have one account in Quickfile. However I have two or more account at Starling. If I transfer funds between my business account and personal Starling account the withdrawl from the Starling business account is not showing Quickfile.

Sorry - on Starling, you have the option to pay a payee, or at the top (on Android - not sure about iOS) you can select another one of your accounts to pay without creating them as a payee.

If you select the account, Starling doesnā€™t notify us of the payment. This should however should show up the following day, as we check overnight for anything that may be missing.

If you pay them as a payee, this will be instant.

Got it! I now understand. I have not been using the payee, so that may explain it. Iā€™ll try it that way next time or as you suggest wait 24 hours for it to ā€˜correctā€™.

2 Likes

No problem! Did you make a transfer today that hasnā€™t shown? I just want to check back in with you to make sure this shows up tomorrow.

No, but I will do to see what happens. Iā€™ll make two. One via account and one via payee.

1 Like

Is there any likelihood of being able to represent Starling spaces or goals as separate accounts? As my companyā€™s outgoings are relatively low I currently move the VAT and CT elements of all payments received to two separate deposit accounts with NatWest until theyā€™re due so I know the commitments are covered. With separate NatWest accounts I can see that in QF, but with Starling this is done with savings or goals which at present arenā€™t shown separately in QF.

Hi @JohnJ

Not at this stage Iā€™m afraid. With Starling, the goals are treated as part of the same bank account, just ā€œring fencedā€. Your actual balance still includes your goals, even though in app they are seen as separate.

So I can confirm that the transfer made using payee has shown up in the bank feed. Iā€™ll see if tomorrow the other transfer shows up.

1 Like

Hi @jamkat28

Just wanted to check in to make sure that the other transfer has shown up overnight?

Thanks for checking. No, the account transfer has not shown up?

Iā€™ll send you a private message now to get some details and take a look for you.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.