Starting to use QuickFile

Self-employed sole trader here.

I started using QuickFile year commencing 01/04/2022.
Before that I was using Excel spreadsheets.

At the end of the tax year 2021 I had a VAT liability and two outstanding invoices waiting to be paid into my business account

I paid the VAT liability from a personal account and totally ignored the two outstanding invoices from my QuickFile software when they were paid into my business account as they were from the previous year, and had been taken care of.

My first invoice in QuickFile was on the 03/04/2022 and was paid on the 12/04/2022, which was my first entry into the QuickFile software. From there I continued using QuickFile and everything seems to be okay.

My business bank account had a zero balance at the beginning of the 2022 tax year when I started using QuickFile so that wasn’t affecting anything.

Can I leave this as it is, or do I need to do something if it is wrong.

Hi @davepike

Unfortunately none of the support team here at QuickFile are accountants, so in this instance we’re not able to help you.

However, there are accountants that use the forum, so I’ll leave this thread open in case any of them are able to offer you advice.

Sorry I couldn’t be more help on this occasion, but if you require any further assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Thank you very much Sian