Status 'Saved' of VAT return

Rolled back a VAT return thinking that would effectively cancel the submission to HMRC. Understood after checking the forum that my report had actually been submitted anyway; however rolling it back made the transactions unreconcile for Quickfile - see VAT roll back

Just wanted to confirm whether after following the steps detailed by @QFSteve in the post above, the status “Saved” essentially means everything is in order as far as QuickFile is concerned, and I can do my next VAT return in the same usual way? (Note that in my situation all the boxes in the submitted and manual reports were the same)

Screenshot 2024-02-05 172118

Hello @Orax

Rolled back a VAT return thinking that would effectively cancel the submission to HMRC

Under MTD rules you can not cancel a submission or re submit a submission. and changes or corrections would need to be picked up or made to your next return. to correct the figures reported to HMRC.

the status “Saved” essentially means everything is in order as far as QuickFile is concerned, and I can do my next VAT return in the same usual way? (Note that in my situation all the boxes in the submitted and manual reports were the same)

That is correct, You have reconciled transactions in a saved return which match what you have submitted.

1 Like

Hi @QFSteve, many thanks for confirming, appreciate it!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.