Still no wiser re CIS

Continuing the discussion from [Managing CIS in Quick File](http://community.quickfile.co.uk/t/managing-
Hi, I have waded through the forum threads suggested but am non the wiser as to what the procedure should be in my case.

cis-in-quick-file/8477):

We don’t officially support CIS at this stage, the only thing we have is a workaround. What part of it do you not understand? If you can be more specific then there’s a greater chance someone will be able to help you.

Apologies Joe. I am employing sub contractors and am a ltd company. The example you have given is for a sole trader acting as a sub contractor for someone else i.e. having CIS deducted from him, as opposed to deducting it from another. Does that make sense?

Joe posted that workaround a few years back. I myself am not an accountant so I’m afraid I won’t be able to advise here.

I will however leave the post open for others to comment, but I’m afraid as we don’t officially yet support CIS there may not be a practical solution here.

What I do is as follows:

I have created a new bank account called CIS
When I pay a subcontractor I pay the materials and labour amount from my current account and the 20% tax amount from the CIS bank account as a cash transaction.
When I pay the CIS to HMRC I pay it from my current account then tag it using ‘Bank transfer between accounts’ to the CIS account.

My accountant is happy with this solution.

3 Likes