Stripe Fees not being processed in Stripe Account

I have just been through and reconciled the Stripe holding account on one of our accounts in quickfile, and it would appear that no Stripe Fees are showing in the holding account from invoices paid via Stripe, however website payments are having the Stripe Fees created in the Stripe holding account no problem.

I have manually created the missing ones now, but one assumes that this is a bug rather than a settings somewhere?

Hi @Normski

If an invoice in QuickFile is paid through Stripe, then no fees are recorded. You would need to do this manually.

What may be a better option, is to disable fees on the feed too, and reconcile it at the end of the month with the Stripe invoice.

Oh ok, thank you. That seems a little archaic, but alas I will do it manually.

Hi Normski,
The Stripe feed has the option to choose to get the fees downloaded to your stripe holding account in quickfile or not (See screenshot below). If the tick box is unticked then you will get the fees for each transaction, is the box ticked fees will be excluded. But I am not sure is it working for invoices paid over quickfile, as Mathew descript above. Is it not working for invoices paid over quickfile then I would be surprised as well and I would ask why there is a difference for invoices paid over an external source or quickfile?

Are you registered for vat? I remember another user (I think it was @ian_roberts) mentioning that the fees have to be reverse charged anyway so logging them as one invoice and payment would be easier

Just found this Stripe Set up - #5 by ian_roberts

1 Like

Hi, I am also having the same problem. How would I go about recording the Stripe Fees manually please?

Hi @RUBY1

You can just record this as a manual transaction in your Stripe bank account. Just go to your Stripe account and click on the “Input transaction” button at the top to get started.