Stripe refunds

Hi, if I part refund a customer invoice by creating a credit against the invoice and select refund money via Stripe Holding Account by Credit Card will the refund transaction be processed to the customers card via Stripe or do I need to log in to Stripe and perform the transaction myself? I can see the Stripe API exists but I’m not sure if it is implemented on Quickfile.

Hi @tc5440

This isn’t implemented on our end, so it would need to be done through Stripe.

This may however feed through on the Stripe feed, if it’s set up. In which case, it may be best to wait until the following day to see if this does come through before logging it on your QuickFile account.

I think it will log on quickfile by default as you have to select where it comes from so may just need deleting once the Stripe feed comes through. Thanks

We have refunded a payment of £100 through Stripe and Stripe has taken the money through a direct debit for £100 which has shown up in our current account through the banking feed as a direct debit to stripe. Should I issue a credit and link it to the current account (I would delete the £100 direct debit payment to STRIPE and enter a £100 payment to the customer) or do I have to involve the Stripe holding account?

  • Process the refund using the stripe account
  • Tag the bank feed transaction as a bank transfer from Stripe