Stripe transfers to bank account dates not aligning

We are integrated with Stripe and tagging transactions (transfers) between our main account and stripe is not picking up the same transactions.

In our company advanced settings the period within which to check bank import duplicates is set to 7-days

Transfer from Stripe: 27/05/18

Received in main account: 01/06/31

When I tag the transaction as a transfer between accounts, I am not presented with the option of matching the transaction within Stripe and a new transaction is created?!!

What is the best way to resolve this?

I would ignore the transfers on the stripe side and just tag them from the current account when they arrive there. The transaction date has to be the same on both sides otherwise you’d have money disappearing and re-appearing with no balancing entry. If you really do want the entries on both the stripe and current account sides to match their respective sources then you’d need to bridge it through a third virtual bank account called something like “money in transit”.

1 Like

Thanks Ian, that makes sense. I’ll just delete the payments (to the main account) in Stripe and allow a new transaction to be created. Seems obvious now!

Thanks for the fast response! :grinning:

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

We have now updated the bank transfer handling to allow for match suggestions that extend to +/- 5 days from the transaction date. This should help with those situations where the debit and credit dates differ from one account to the other (e.g. Stripe, PayPal and other payment processors).

If you select a bank transfer match that is not on the same date, the interim balance will now be posted to a balance sheet code called “Balance Sheet Suspense” (2997). This keeps those interim movements on the balance sheet as an asset / liability and makes it easier to track.