Supplier Credit - Where From?

I have a credit on a supplier account but I have no idea where this is from. I shouldn’t have a credit with them as I have always paid over the counter at the time of purchasing goods so I assume this is an error on my part somewhere but I don’t know where to find the source of this errant credit.

ETA: Seems to be from when I started using Quick File, I imported my bank statement and it has tagged the payments to this supplier but has not allocated them to any purchase orders as there are no matching receipts in the system as they were never uploaded via the receipt hub.

How do I zero this credit on the account without creating a load of purchase invoices for 7 month old payments?

You have a couple of options…

You can either detag the transaction on the bank relating to the credit and repost (Use ‘Something else not on the list’) to general sales. Otherwise you can enter one single aggregate invoice and set the issue date prior to your accounting year then link the credit on account to this invoice. You can put a description on this invoice, something like “Invoices prior to Quick File”.

OK, I have had a go at that. Is there an easy way to find out which suppliers I have a credit with as currently I can only see a credit if I go into the suppliers payment records view and then cross reference the unallocated payments from there.

It may be easier If I just delete all the bank entries prior to using Quick File and adjust the opening balance accordingly actually.

Regarding the bank detagging I have noticed that if I detag all of the payments and then set all the checkboxes and then click ‘bulk tag selected’ it says it has deselected some entries as they are already tagged. It only lets you bulk tag if you refresh the screen after detagging. Not sure if this is an issue my end or yours. On W7x64 FF29.0.1.

Yes, in the advanced search of the supplier management screen you can opt to show an additional column with credits.

The problem regarding detagging and retagging may be an issue on our side. I’ve referred this to an engineer to be looked at.

1 Like

Whilst your advice was really great I realised I cocked everything up in a spectacular fashion whilst retagging so to fix it I have ended up just deleting all transactions (sales, purchases and bank entries) prior to the day I actually officially started using Quick File and altered opening bank balances to suit.

It all seems to be in order now. Pretty dramatic resolution but we’ll put January down as a test month!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.