Supplier refunded more than what I paid. How to properly tag the refund?

Hello,

I paid 37.59 GBP for an email hosting service, and got a refund of 38.11 GBP for some reason.

38.11-37.59= 0.52 GBP more.

I cannot tag the refund against the purchase entry as the refunded amount is more than what I paid:

“No qualifying purchases could be found to refund against. Make sure the corresponding purchase has been logged before you attempt to process this refund.”

Can someone tell me how can I tag this refund properly?

Thank you,

Hello @Mark_Kajdi1

The easiest was would be to

• Delete the bank entry for the higher amount
  • Open the invoice and credit/refund it in full.
  • Raise a manual credit got 0.52 GBP and save/refund it

You will have 2 entries showing in the bank rather than the 1 original

Can you please explain how can I “Raise a manual credit got 0.52 GBP”?

Perhaps this is what you are referring to?:

" Generic credit notes

QuickFile also gives you the freedom to enter ad hoc credit notes without having to attach it to an existing invoice. When you enter a new invoice all you need to do is enter negative line totals and the invoice will become a credit note. Credit notes entered in this way allow you to make generic refunds to a client without the need of a pre-existing invoice/payment. It’s particularly useful when you start out with QuickFile and you need to allocate funds."

If so then I am not sure how it works in my case tho as I do not want to refund a customer, but I’ve been refunded by a supplier.

Thanks.

Hello @Mark_Kajdi1

Just raise an invoice but add a minus before you enter the value, it will then show as a credit

Awesome. Thank you for your quick help!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.