Tagging a tenant'd deposit

Can you let me know how I should tag a payment into the current account of a deposit from a tenant on a house we let out? A few days later it was paid out to the ‘Deposit Protection Service’ and that has to be tagged also. There seems to be a similar topic on here before but all the questions weren’t answered.

Incidentally, on a different subject, I notice when searching the nominal account headings that there seems to be 2 entitled ‘Intangible Asset Amortisation’ with different numbers. Any reason?

See these recent posts from @Glenn :

Hi - Could you answer the first part of my question please. Thanks.