Tagging payments from online store

how do others tag payments in QF that come through from Stripe?

we get this line of information in QF coming through from the Stripe payment description
Order #6257 (xxxxxxx@gmail.com) (Stripe ID: xxxyyyzzz)

and we manually check our website for order 6257, copy the clients actual name ( as its often very different to a person email address), come back to QF and tag that payment to that clients name. it would be so much easier if the stripe feed showed the clients name but i have tried and asked stripe and they can’t do this.

my question is how do others tag these payments? do you try to keep clients invoices all under their names?

Personally I used to just treat the online store the same as the EPOS system in my physical shop and record daily totals based on the sales data from the platform rather than trying to match one to one between online sales and QuickFile invoices.

The only time I needed to create a per-client invoice on the QuickFile side was for the occasional customer who was VAT registered and needed a proper invoice for their own VAT return, regular non-VAT-registered retail customers just got the order confirmation and stripe payment receipt from the online platform rather than a full VAT invoice.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.