Tagging sales transactions

Hello,

How to tag the following sales transactions:

1. Invoice created manually or in another system (not in QuickFile)

2. No invoice created, only manual sales receipt

3. Card payment with Stripe made by the customer, no invoice created, only manual sales receipt. On the same day there are other sales via Stripe, where invoice had to be created.

4. How to create sales receipts in QuickFile? We don’t want to log any real customer data for such receipts.

5. How to create a simplified invoice in QuickFile? In accordance with HMRC, no date, no customer name and address, only the total amount.

Hello @corvinn

The good news is, most of your queries have already been answered by other users or in our knowledge base. To save you waiting for a response in the future, you may wish to use the search (found in the top right corner) to help find your answer.

In most cases, you would just input the invoice into QuickFile. It’s not necessarily an actual invoice, but just a way of recording your income and VAT accurately. If it’s another system that’s generating the invoices, such as a till system or e-commerce site, then you can bulk record these, which should hopefully answer points 1, 2, 3 and 4. There’s more relating to bulk sales in these two topics:

Regarding point 5, QuickFile doesn’t support multiple styles of invoices as normal. You can create trading styles which allow you to have a number of different invoice templates, but this is tied to the client and not on an invoice-by-invoice basis. I have however included a link to this below for reference:

Hello,

Thank you for the quick feedback.

Since the company is going to use both QuickFile and an external system for creating invoices, with your proposed approach some entries will have double invoices with different invoice numbers. One in the external system and one in QuickFile.

Is this allowed? How to handle such situations during potential inspections?

Providing you have the backing data to go with it, recording bulk sales is acceptable. If there was an inspection, it would be the source of that data (the backing reports) that HMRC would want to see.

Providing everything is easy to trace, you should be fine. For example, enter your weekly sales as Website Sales for w/c 04/12/2017 rather than just Weekly Sales would help. I would also be inclined to suggest that you differentiate the invoice numbers, even if it’s a different prefix for your shop or website compared to this issued via QuickFile.

However, if you want to be sure, I would double check with your accountant (I’m not one) or HMRC themselves. And of course, ensure you follow their guidelines.

Thanks.

To avoid such situations, for the future I would propose a feature where sales transactions can be tagged to an external invoice or receipt, which can be uploaded to QuickFile. Very similar to the way purchases are tagged at the moment.

There’s no need to tag them to an external invoice - you would just create a reference invoice detailing the original. The same would apply for any ecommerce or store set up.

However, you’re welcome to post and detail your suggestion in a new thread (in the ‘Feature’ category), which would allow others to vote and comment on your suggestion.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.