Tagging suggestion - Edit Description

I like the tagging suggestion which sometimes pops up now, when tagging a transaction, like the following:

If you accept the suggestion, then it seems to do the tagging there and then, without any further dialog.

But for me, although the suggested Customer and Category are spot on, I’d still need to assign a different description and/or reference compared to the last time, because this will be different every time.

So my preference would be that you still get a dialog where you can input description and/or reference… it is still a massive help that you’ve skipped over the dialogs requiring you to specify transaction type, payment options, and customer.

Without being able to assign a different description and/or reference compared to the last time, you’d have to go into the invoice separately and edit it… which makes it more work overall, and not less… so at present this feature is not useful for me and maybe others.

Just a suggestion…

Hello @drmrbrewer

I have changed the category to a feature request, that way other users can register their vote and we can monitor the interest.

This has been mentioned elsewhere on the forum but this seems pointless as this is supposed to be a quick action but it is actually the same amount of clicks as doing it the manual way anyway so adding more clicks/options to the quick action is completely counter intuitive and a waste of time IMO.

@Lurch it really wouldn’t be the same number of clicks as doing it the manual way. As I said in my OP, you’d be able to skip over the dialogs requiring you to specify transaction type, payment options, and customer, all of which require some thought.

With my suggestion there would be just one extra dialog, which you can choose to hit OK to if you know that you never change the description and/or transaction reference.

As it is, the existing quick action is completely useless IMHO because each transaction will at least have a different reference associated with it… in fact I can’t really imagine having different transactions on different dates where absolutely nothing is different to the one before…

I think you misunderstood what I was meaning. Currently when the suggestion pops up it is currently the same number of clicks as just clicking “payment from customer/to supplier”. Adding options to this quick suggestion makes it somewhat pointless as it makes the old way of doing it redundant. The options need adding to the old way of doing it.

As you say though it needs more looking at as it seems that either way the options will end up at the point at which you select the matching transaction. This new option needs to shortcut that I suppose if these options are added to this way of doing it somewhere.