Take part payment via paypal, stripe, gocardless

Is it possible to take a part payment of say bill of £300 and the customer can pay £100 to it via paypal, stripe or gocardless such they then have paid a deposit but not the full bill?

Yes.

(some characters)

Okay can you explain how? I manually log a payment but I don’t know how to let them only pay part with the above methods

The pay online feature will only collect the full value of the invoice. The only way to achieve what you suggest would be to split the invoice in two.

If you “tag me” from the required bank receipt to the customer account “pay down multiple invoices or assign to client account” you can tick the invoice as partial pay. Then do the same with second bank account to clear the balance.

@donnacbk the tagging is simple it is the psychial transaction such the customer can select how much to pay you

misunderstood the question - yes the card payments would try and take the full invoice value.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

@csscs2013

This is a quick update to let you know that we now allow clients to make partial payments against their invoices when using the online payment methods.

More details here:

Allow clients to make partial payments on invoices