Tide Open Bank Feed Will Not Activate (Re-activate)

Hi all,

First post-er here and as the title suggests, I’m having problems activating my Tide Open Bank Feed.

It went offline during February this year and I’ve struggled to get it going since then. I used to pay a subscription fee to keep the feed ‘live’ but now it’s currently pretty dead.

When I click on ‘More Options’ > ‘Activate Bank Feed’, I get redirected to the Tide login screen. It asks for me to log in using my mobile app./QR code and than redirects me to a ‘Team - Read Access’ page. After faffing around and eventually logging in to that feature, there are no other options to proceed. Nothing happens - no re-direct back to my QuickFile account or even another Tide page.

I’ve emailed Tide and they have pointed the finger at QuickFile and suggested I seek help here.

So, if anyone has had success in activating a Tide Open Bank Feed, please help… :slight_smile:

Best Regards,

Luke

Hi @Luke

Sorry to hear you’re experiencing some problems here.

The correct flow should be:

• Select to activate/reactivate the feed in QuickFile
  • Transfer to Tide, where you scan a QR code using the Tide App
  • Tide confirms QR code has been scanned and redirects to QuickFile
  • QuickFile shows this has been successful

It sounds like you’re not getting past point 2 - is that correct?

Points 2 and 3 are actually controlled by Tide rather than us. As much as I don’t like to say it, but if you are getting stuck at point 2, then unfortunately you would need to ask Tide to look at it.

If you’re still having some issues, please let me know and I’ll go through the process on my end.

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for your advice, I’ve emailed Tide again to ask for more help.

It seems likely that their login system is broken because it is point 3 on your list that it gets stuck at (no-redirection).

Regards,

Luke

Hi Matthew,

Just had a reply from Tide and to quote the agent’s reply directly, he said:

‘Quickfile is not software we integrate with, I’m afraid. However, thank you for your suggestion! It’s duly noted!’

I assume QuickFile and Tide have a line of communication and know what to expect from each other. What is the next step, please?

Hi @QFMathew,

Would you be able to go through the process your end, please? The latest with Tide is that they have escalated the issue to their technical team.

Apologies @Luke - you above reply seemed to have slipped passed me!

I do have a bank feed with Tide which is set to expire, so I’ll try and renew this and let you know how this goes.

@Luke - I’ve just tried this. After scanning the QR code, I get the following on the Tide website:

Once I’ve selected the account here, and clicked “Grant Access”, this takes me back to QuickFile successfully:

Do you even see the list of accounts when you try it?

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.