Tracing prepayments to bank statement

Hi Support,
Please I need assistance as to how I can obtain a schedule of prepayment to show the dates such income were received in the bank statement. When I went through the log payment option, I am only able to see the total figure which might be a cumulation of different amounts but can’t really see a breakdown of the dates when the various amounts were received in the bank account. I have observed that some of them might not actually be prepayments but mispostings. Having realised this, you need to go back and detag to now tag properly but I always find it difficult to trace by going over the bank statements over and over again to be able to trace the amounts. Please is there an easier way to achieve this?
Thanks for your help.
Roy

I’m not sure I entirely follow that but if you go to View > All Payments when in the supplier detail screen you get links to all payments on the bank accounts.

Just to add to @Lurch’s post, if you’re looking specifically for prepayments, just do an advanced search on the payments page that @Lurch mentioned. If you set “Status” to “Unallocated”, all these payments would be treated as prepayments.

1 Like

Thank you Lurch and Mathew for your response to my query. I am sorry if I have not explained my query enough. I will try and provide more details now. For instance, I opened a customer’s account and on the accounts balance at a glance, there is a prepayment amount of £1,225 made up of £515, £250 and £460 paid by the customer on different dates. My expectation is that if I click on the prepayment amount of £1,225, it should give a breakdown of the above amounts and the dates the payments were made in the bank statements rather than manually tracing each of them. Please is there an easier way to achieve this? How do I trace this payments to the bank statements?
Kind regards,
Roy

Hi @roybello1

Doing the search as outlined above would give you a list of the date, bank account and status of the payments. If you do the advanced search to show just “Unallocated” payments, these are all prepayments:

If you then view each of these, there’s a button that identifies the bank transaction for you:

Got it. Thank you very much for your help.

2 Likes

Or just click the link in the ‘Bank’ column.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.