Trading Styles and Routine E-mails

Hello,

Sorry to bother you with another Trading Styles query!

We are just in the process of merging a number of QF accounts into one and using ‘Trading Styles’ so that invoices are customised depending on which business they are sent from.

I’ve just discovered a problem though. We have two Trading Styles set up so far e.g. Trading Style 1 and Trading Style 2.

What I’ve realised is that new invoices and invoice reminder e-mails will contain the information in the ‘Routine E-mails’ part of QF. This will mean that e-mails will be sent from our ‘umbrella’ company name rather than one of the Trading Styles. For example, when a new invoice is generated it will be sent from info@umbrella-company.co.uk and not from info@trading-style1.co.uk

Does that make sense?

Kind regards

James

Hi James,

The trading styles feature does allow you to control specific areas of the branding and invoice design but I’m afraid it does still share many common components within the account… email templates being one of them.

We implemented the trading styles feature just over one year ago and it is our intention to develop and enrich this feature set over time. This would cover things like split email templates and advanced customisations. Although we don’t have a definitive timeline for this work, we will keep you posted as and when changes are made.

Hello,

Sorry to bother you. I originally asked this question a while ago but I can’t reply to the original message. My original message is in italics:

We are just in the process of merging a number of QF accounts into one and using ‘Trading Styles’ so that invoices are customised depending on which business they are sent from.

I’ve just discovered a problem though. We have two Trading Styles set up so far e.g. Trading Style 1 and Trading Style 2.

What I’ve realised is that new invoices and invoice reminder e-mails will contain the information in the ‘Routine E-mails’ part of QF. This will mean that e-mails will be sent from our ‘umbrella’ company name rather than one of the Trading Styles. For example, when a new invoice is generated it will be sent from info@umbrella-company.co.uk and not from info@trading-style1.co.uk

I was wondering if you are working on developing the system and whether you have an ETA for the new features?

Sorry to bother you and I hope you’re having a good day.

Kind regards

James

Hi @favdes

I’ve merged your new post back into the original topic to keep things together - apologies that this closed and you were unable to reply.

As I mentioned above, it is our intention to develop these parts of QuickFile over time, but we don’t have any estimated timescales for this at the moment. If this does change however, we’ll be sure to update you.

I’ve also moved this topic into the Feature Request category and will leave it open. Many of our features are prioritised and implemented as a result of community feedback, so other users can reply below with their support.

That’s great, thank you :0)

Hello again,

I was just wondering if you have an update on this one by any chance?

I’ve been thinking and for us, all we would need is an additional variable that we could include in the invoice e-mails for the e-mail signature where we could put in different information depending on the Trading Style used.

We are just setting up another company and would like to merge all of our QF accounts into one. We are also setting up GoCardless as well and I’m not sure if we can link one GoCardless account to multiple QF accounts so ideally we can just have one of each.

Sorry to keep hassling. Just curious on a rough time line so that we can decide what we should do. Whether it’s worth merging the accounts now or waiting until full Trading Styles are ready.

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards

James

Hi James,

There are no updates here at the moment I’m afraid. We will be sure to update the thread if any progress is made.

However, I just wanted to pick up on one point in your post:

If they are two separate companies you should use two QuickFile accounts as their accounting records shouldn’t be mixed. If this is the case, our Affinity platform may be a better and more cost effective choice for you.

Hi,

No problem and thank you for getting back to me.

I’ll take another look at Affinity as hopefully that will give us what we need.

Kind regards

James