Training Courses


I need to start updating my certifications that are due to expire. So I booked one the other day, I’ve read the topic on “Categorising you purchases” and a few other similar topics, however, non really matched what I was looking for.

If I pay for and attend a training course for myself, which will improve my sellability, what “Category” should I tag the receipt as ?

General Purchases or Training Costs or ?


Hi Andy,

The nominal for General purchases is used for things you buy to sell on (ie stock). For training costs, personally I’d use 8203 Training Costs.

Hope that helps!

P.s. I’m not an accountant

1 Like