Transferring Account balances

Hi
We are new to QF and started using it on 1st April.
Our accountant has asked us to keep all Receipts and payments separate for prior to 1st April. To do this we set up two accounts called Purchases made 2017/18 and Payments for work 2017/18.
When either a purchase or a payment comes in on the bank feed we just allocate it to the correct bank account. However this then is not showing us the correct balance on our main bank account.
How do we allocate the payments receipts across to make the bank account show correctly?
I believe a journal only switches between nominal codes.
All help much appreciated.
By the way loving QF its so simple to use in general.
Thank you
Misha

Hi Misha,

Thank you for your positive comments! :slight_smile:

I just want to confirm your set up here if I may - am I right in thinking you have two bank accounts, “Purchases made 2017/18” and “Payments for work 2017/18”, but because they’re separate they don’t reflect your actual bank balance. What you’re looking to do is see a total of these two bank accounts as a whole.

Is that correct?

No, perhaps I did not explain it very well.

I have 3 accounts.Virtual on QF only main account is real.
1 the main bank account which is for all transactions.
2 The one which I am putting the credits received for works completed in up to 31March
3 The one which I am putting the payments made for purchases made up to 31 March.

I just tag them transactions on 2 and 3 into those accounts so they are all in one place.

When the payments show up on the bank feed they are not relevant to this year but obviously do affect the Actual bank balance

I want to make the Actual bank balance match the bank account.

Does this make any sense??

Hi I have now realised that I am doing wrong.
Thank you