Trying to create an ad hoc sales credit note

Help is urgently required, please.

I need to create a partial credit note for a sales invoice already paid in the previous month from an online sales platform. The invoice was for £239 - I need to refund £8.60 in the next month’s accounting - the money has already left my bank account and been refunded by the online selling platform. So I need to create an ad hoc Credit Note for -£8.60 but the software won’t let me create an invoice/CN with a minus balance so I am stuck. I have followed the instructions under creating Ad Hoc CN but it still won’t allow me to create one with a minus balance.

How do I get around this, please?
Many thanks

Hello @sallyjane

You would do the following to create a credit from the original invoice

• View the original invoice.
  • More Options > Credit Note.
  • Adjust the values and date shown to what is being refunded.
  • Save and refund the credit.
  • If you already had a bank transaction in QuickFile delete it as to not double up on refunds.

I already tried that, it made the whole invoice into a Credit Note and then said (when I’d changed all the figures back to + and added in 2 lines for the refunds)I couldn’t have the invoice (now CN) with a positive value - said the whole amount had to be a minus figure. I’m now totally bemused and as I have a neurodivergent brain I’m really struggling with this.

How can I raise an adhoc credit note - that would solve all my problems?

Hello @sallyjane

when I’d changed all the figures back to + and added in 2 lines for the refunds

You wouldnt change them back to positive. You would remove lines which are not to be credited and adjust the lines that need to be as per the example below

sending you a private message to the support team

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.