Unable to delete transactions from Directors Loan Account

Hi. I’m unable to delete transactions from Directors Loan Account in foreign currency [PLN]. I’ve made a mistake in transactions. I wanted to edit or delete them. Unfortunately the delete-buttons are grayed out and it’s impossible to edit/detag/remove them. I saw that the transactions are put into the journal now but it’s also impossible to edit/delete journal entries. If there’s no way to edit/delete the transactions it looks like a bug. I tried to log out and log in again. I tried to use the latest chrome and firefox with additions disabled. It’s still the same. Take a look at the screenshots below:

Hello @yss

The disabled delete option on the statement view would be correct as the entries come from the journal. However, as far as I can tell, there should be no reason you can’t edit the journal itself.

Just to confirm, on the journal view, do you see any save or delete options at the bottom?

There’s no save/delete options at the bottom. The “x” marks are grey. Please take a look at the screenshot:

This transactions spoil my whole accounting. There’s nothing I can do with them. Any solution would be much appreciated.

Thank you for your patience with this @yss. I referred it to our development team as I wanted to check a few things.

Ultimately, the tagging of a non-GBP salary shouldn’t be permitted (for technical reasons), which seems to be the case in this instance. Our team have worked this morning to resolve this, but what you need to do going forward is create a holding account.

This would work in the sense that you have your non-GBP transaction tagged as a transfer to a GBP holding account, and the salary payment tagged from there in GBP (therefore, cancelling each other out).

You should now be able to delete those journal entries in order to correct this.

I hope this helps, but please let me know if we can help further.

Would tagging of non-GBP salary be allowed if you set “post net wages to balance sheet only” (making it equivalent to a “something not on the list” rather than a journal)? You’d have to manually journal across to director salaries though.

Hi @ian_roberts

This would work fine and it would assume the current exchange rate. When you then move it to the P&L, you can account for any adjustments there if needed.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.