Unable to log into Affinity on Ubuntu

I am an affinity user migrating over to Linux (Ubuntu) from the out-of-support Windows 7 (I have set up dual boot), intending to drop W7 asap. I have re-set the Affinity password which works fine in Windows. When I logout of windows and into Ubuntu, the self-same password doesn’t work. I tried this twice with the same result (kinda not believing it!).
I have to log into Windows in safe mode with networking as it is constantly crashing in normal mode, and safe mode is far from ideal to complete accounts.As soon as I can I will take this to a technician to sort out but am too busy right now. Ubuntu does not crash on me - apparently it is a very ‘thin’ platform, which is much faster than windows when running many applications.
I have never managed to log into Quickfile yet from the Ubuntu platform. I have a VAT deadline approaching this month on the 6th, so I would appreciate a rapid solution from some kind soul please.
I had expected that as QF is cloud based it was unlikely there would be any issues. Taxfiler works just fine in Ubuntu, no different from what it does in Windows.
If this helps, I have just loaded a Windows emulator called Wine in Ubuntu, but it is more for Windows applications. Applications have to be downloaded from the internet and then loaded into Ubuntu using Wine. I am not sure if this could be a solution, the emulator did not work with the second application that I tried.
Assistance to solve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Hi @Peter_Hockenhull

The login process is exactly the same regardless of your web browser and your operating system. As you rightfully mention, as a cloud platform, this takes these things out of the equation.

Can I check that you are logging in to https://affinity.quickfile.co.uk, rather than a URL for one of the linked accounts? Are any of the passwords being overridden by auto-fill for example?

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.