Unable to re-issue rolled back VAT

Hello,

I had to roll back a VAT from 01/08/23-31/10/23.
I read in the forum that if I need to resubmit this to quickfile, so I have already done the recommended steps as I am registered for Making Tax Digital.

1. I had to submit another VAT return from 02/10/23 to 31/01/24.
  2. I then disabled the online filing option in QuickFile.
  3. I am trying to submit to Quickfile a VAT return for 01/08/23-01/10/23 but I am getting an error message that I have saved a VAT return that overlaps this period (ending 31/01/24) and that I need to also rollback this before proceeding.
    I cannot understand why this error message is appearing, as I am definitely trying to submit a VAT return with different dates to the one in the error message, so I don’t know what I need to do to move forward.

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kostas

Hello Kostas

The issue is returns need to be created / submitted in chronological order.

As you have a later submitted return you would need to roll this back in order to create/submit the previous one.

1. Rollback the 2 Oct 2023 - 31 Jan 2024 return.
  2. Disabled the online filing option in QuickFile.
  3. Create the return for 1 Aug 2023 - 31 Oct 2023 and Save it.
  4. Create the return for 2 Oct 2023 - 31 Jan 2024 and Save it.
  5. Re enable Online Filing ready for your next return.

(You can not re submit returns under MTD rules so you will notice they will show as saved which is normal)

Thank you for the assistance Steve, I appreciate it.

All the best,

Kostas

By the way I suspect that in step 3 you mean to create a return for 1 Aug 2023 - 1 Oct 2023 right? (not 31st of October, as my other return will span 2 Oct 2023 - 31 Jan 2024)

Thank you,

Kostas

Hello Kostat

By the way I suspect that in step 3 you mean to create a return for 1 Aug 2023 - 1 Oct 2023 right?

My apologies, you are correct.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.