Unable to tag in bulk direct to a nominal - "Invalid nominal ledger"

Hi

I have been using Quick File for the last 5 years and today I come across with the followng problem.
When I do taging via “Tag Selected” I get a message “Invalid nominal ledger” regardless of the nominal code.
I can do taging only via “Tag me” option but then I can not do multiple taging in one go as it is with “tag Selected” option.
Please help as it is very frustration to do taging individually of each transaction especially when you have to do hundreds transactions
Thanks

1 Like

Yup - me too. Looks like this is a feature upgrade gone wrong :frowning:

Hi @Maria_MSS @geof.ellingham

Sorry to hear you’re experiencing some issues with this.

Can I just double check the steps you’re using to ensure I’m looking at the correct part?
If you could just give us a few steps (e.g. click “this”, then click “that”) which we can follow, that would be perfect.

Hi @QFMathew - I go into a bank account, and check several transactions (all credits or all debits), and the click the Tag Selected button.

I then click “Something else not on this list”.

This opens a sub-window, which has recently changed somewhat. In Post to Account (which is now a dropdown) I select the nominal code I want to post the transactions to, and enter something in Description.

I click Save, and get a pop-up error message “Invalid nominal ledger”

Thanks @geof.ellingham - that’s really helpful.

I’ve managed to replicate this and passed it to our development team to investigate. Please bear with us while we look into this. We’ll post any updates here.

@geof.ellingham / @Maria_MSS - Would you mind giving it another go now, please?

That’s working - looks like they’ve backed out to the previous version of the sub-window. Thanks

2 Likes