Understanding pre-filled VAT return in Quickfile

I’ve just generated my first VAT return and can see a few entries I don’t understand:

• Box 6 Total value of sales exc VAT and box 7 Total value of purchases exc VAT have their values rounded, while boxes 1 to 5 do not, should I change these and include the decimals?

• Box 7 Total value of sales exc VAT shows an amount different from 0, while I do not have any sales registered in Quickfile. The explanation I have is it’s coming from a purchase I made where I applied the reverse charge mechanism (this was covered and answered in another post of mine) - the amount matches. This is confusing that’s it’s appearing as a sale, do I need to put this manually to 0?

Many thanks

Hello @Orax

• Box 6 Total value of sales exc VAT and box 7 Total value of purchases exc VAT have their values rounded, while boxes 1 to 5 do not, should I change these and include the decimals?

If is fine and standard practice for submitted figures to HMRC to be rounded, no need to adjust them

This article may help explain how reverse charge affects your return.

If you have processed it ass reverse charge the boxes would have been affected as per the linked article, you should not manually adjust the figures out.

While the support team are not accountants, we can not tell you what to process, if you are unsure I would recommend consulting your accountant.

1 Like

Hi @QFSteve, many thanks for your answer, that’s very helpful.

I don’t seem to see a link in your post, I’m unsure what’s going on, did you manage to post it? Might be otherwise an issue with my mobile browser

Sorry my mistake

https://support.quickfile.co.uk/t/vat-options-explained/40202

1 Like

Got it now, thanks again

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.