Update on Yodlee Bank Feeds

I am another cooperative bank user. Please keep us informed. Am I correct in tnhinking that after the 15th if you are not able to get the Coop bank to subscribe to open banking through quickfile we will no longer be able to access our account using your software?

We would have to reconsider our use of Quickfile if the Co-op feed was no longer available. Info for Open Banking TPPs, including the registration and sandbox procedure, is here https://www.co-operativebank.co.uk/onlinebanking/open-banking/third-party-providers

@druidude @steve.manning

We have tried to reach out to Co-op bank on a couple of occasions but have not yet had a response. Unfortunately Co-op look likely to miss the 14th March deadline for delivery of their Open Banking API, we hope that they will have this in place shortly afterwards and as is the case with Metro we will be prioritising that integration.

Co-op do have what is known as a Modified Customer Interface (MCI), although this is still dependent on screen scraping and the development time is far longer than what would be required for a standard API integration. It is unfortunately not viable for us to go down that route when it could well be pulled by April / May.

Hello Glenn, where this leave us regarding Metro? Could you please clarify?

Metro are in a similar situation to Co-op (explained in my last post). Metro are working on an API, but it seems like they will miss the March 14th extension deadline for SCA. I’ve emailed them again for an update and we’ll move forward with the development as soon as their APIs are live.

So what will happen if they can’t get the API in time? What will happen to us between 14th of march and the date metro will provide us API?

If that was the case then you’d need to revert to manual upload from a spreadsheet. We would of course be happy to issue a pro-rata refund on any remaining bank feed sub.

let’s hope metro will sort it out

I have a quick question - if i have Revolut account in Australian dollars, how can i integrate it into QF? I just did euro but i have no setting for AUD

@Cristina are you able to open a separate ticket for this, or drop me a PM and we can take a look for you.

Hi,
I currently have a credit card with MBNA, which is not on your list. Am I able to continue using the Yodlee feed until a MBNA link is in place?
If not, how do I do it? Do I have to manually update files? That is a bit of pain to say the least.

@ajbstone We’ll enquire with Open Banking, although I can’t see that they’re listing is active on the directory. If they’re providing business credit card services and they have an active Open Banking interface we will add them to our list of compatible feeds.

My MBNA card is a personal card, rather than business, but it is one I’ve had for years and has a very high credit limit, so I use it exclusively for business and pay it directly from my business bank account.

In regards to Metro Bank, we have received news today that they have decided to hold off developing an Open Banking compliant API and instead will begin the rollout of a “Modified Customer Interface” (MCI) in order to meet the minimum PSD2 requirements.

Metro will start the rollout 12th March, but it will be a gradual process. The MCI approach is far from ideal as it requires us to build a far more complex and bespoke integration. We will look into the feasibility of this although we regret will not be able to meet the 14th March deadline upon which the new SCA rules are enforced.

We will provide further updates on Metro Bank in due course.

Any update???

Hi @jm23bg

There aren’t any updates here at the moment. As my colleague mentioned above, we won’t be able to meet the 14th deadline due to the nature of their API.

But as soon as we have updates, we will be sure to post them here on the forum.

Hi
So am I right in saying you have ruled out developing the Metro MCI approach and we are entirely in the hands of Metro providing the API, which may or may not happen?

We are not going down the MCI route as it is dependent on screen scraping and requires disclosure of online banking login credentials to 3rd parties. Also it does not provide users with the ability to reconfirm or revoke consent at their discretion (as per FCA rules on Strong Customer Authentication).

Screen scraping is not the way forward in 2020, It is time consuming and expensive to maintain while delivering a very poor user experience. I know that Metro have hinted that they will be developing an API inline with the majority of other banks, although I am not clear on when this will be delivered? As soon as it’s launched however we will be one of the first to start using it.

Many thanks.
I can see your problem, Metro becoming a pain.

This topic was automatically closed after 117 days. New replies are no longer allowed.