Updating recurring invoice prices from sales inventory

Hi! When I change the sales inventory item price, it doesn’t seem to change the price on the recurring invoices. Is there any way of doing this? It’s very laborious going through all the recurring invoices to change the item price.
Thanks for any help!

Hello @SarahHind

Updating inventory items would not update invoices nor recurring items and was never designed to do so.

Inventory items are just a way of saving data entry when entering invoices.

Recurring invoice would need updating manually.

Hi @QFSteve. Thanks for your reply. Is there any plan for this in the future? I’m sure there are a lot of businesses who have large numbers of recurring invoices, who would benefit from updating them all with new prices, rather than doing each one manually.

Hello @SarahHind

There are no immediate plans for this as it was not an intended feature.

I have however changed this post to a feature request which allows other users to add a vote which we monitor.

Great - thanks for such a prompt response @QFSteve - much appreciated! I’ll be interested in seeing how many others would find this helpful.

The problem is it leads to people then using the inventory section as some sort of stock control system which it is not meant to be which then leads to huge feature creep as stock control is a pretty large task/program/service in itself. So yes it would be good to have this but as there are plenty of accounting things to keep the team busy I wouldn’t expect this to be something implemented no matter what the support from users says.

I just use the API/Zapier etc to create invoices back in Quickfile and handle all the customer interaction and pricing/stock control elsewhere (Wordpress/WooCommerce for example). Takes a bit more setting up but that shows the levels of work involved in some actual stock control systems, and the WP/WC combo is in fact one of the better/simpler ones IMO.

I was going to ask the same question. I guess my supplementary question is, is there a way to bulk update recurring invoices when prices change? Or am I going to need to go into each one manually to change the price?

1 Like

Hi @tipichris

You’ll have to go into each one manually. There’s no way to bulk update them at the moment, I’m afraid.

But please add your vote to this request by clicking the “Vote” button at the top of the page.