Updating the Default Invoice Template

We are wanting to change the Bank Details on our Default Invoice template. Using the Invoice Customisation tool, I have been able to edit it and save it. However, when we come to load up the master invoice template, it still comes up with the original tempate details.

We are obviously not doing something right, when saving it, or perhaps permissions? Any advice welcome please. We need to get this sorted soon, so thank you for help in advance.

Hi

Could this be something to do with your “Trading Styles” possibly? Do you have any setup?

Thanks for the thought, but we are not using any Trading styles and we are one single named Charity . This is a real puzzle. I can only thinnk there is a user authority issue perhaps to check?

Hello @AndrewThomson

Are you entering the bank details into the Sales > Invoice Customisation > Payment terms box?

When you create a new invoice do the details show on the invoice entry screen?

If you open an existing invoice you would have to click import default to update it with the new details.

Yes, we are using the PAyment details box to edit the bank details. I can call up the customisation option and see that the changes have been accepted, but when we call up “Create new Invoice” the details are as before with the old bank details.
I have just tried again to use the " import default" option you mention. good idea. but sadly it does not change the detaitls within the Box we seek to change.

There will be an answer somewhere

From what @QFSteve has said and what you are experiencing, I don’t know if I am right in saying it could be a web browser issue?

Maybe try to clear your browsing history? Try using “incognito” mode as well? If you have details there that are not changing when you click a function, that is my instant thought.

Hello @AndrewThomson

To test this I have added the below in Invoice customisation

When I create new invoice the details are brought through correctly?

If you create new invoice now, do you get the same?

I have just revisited the “Create new Invoice” option and it sadly still comes up with the original details. Do I need to save the changes to a special place as the “dafault data” so that when I activate the “import data” option you mentioned, then I am importing the new details?

Puzzled

Hi Steve,
I think I have realised what I have been doing wrong. I did not have the detailed narrative included in both the Estimate box and the Invoice terms box, and hence, the Invoice terms did not pull through.
Cracked it. Thank you for your help.

Good news @AndrewThomson ! Glad it’s sorted.

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.