Using Make to create new Invoices fails

I want to use Make to read records from Airtable and create new invoices. The Client names I have in Airtable match those I have created in QuickFile however when I pass the client name (record is formatted a text) the invoice creation fails saying “The ‘https://api.quickfile.co.uk:ClientID’ element has an invalid value according to its data type.”. If I change the Client ID filed in Make to prevent mapping (i.e. using the data from Airtable) it offers me the Client data from QF, if I select the same Client Name then my scenario works and creates an invoice. Is there a way I can see the Client ID (I presume it isn’t the text that I enter) so that I can store it in Airtable and use it in place of the text I am passing?

The client ID is the internal numeric id generated by QuickFile, not the client name:

1 Like

Thank you, that’s perfect.

P.S. if you want a quick way to get a list of these IDs to populate your Airtable database then you just need to do a backup of your QuickFile account

and you’ll find them all nicely mapped to the client names in Client_Ledger.csv.

2 Likes

Thank you, that is very helpful advice. I was thinking it would be a pain to repeat that process whenever I add a new Client :slight_smile:

Just bear in mind that the backup process operates off a separate database that is itself a snapshot of the live one, anything up to a few hours behind, so a one-off backup that you create immediately after adding a new client won’t necessarily include the new client record.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.