Using Starling Bank 'spaces'

I have recently started using Quickfile and have been very happy until hitting upon this problem:
I am using Starling Bank and all transactions have been imported successfully except those into and out of Spaces accounts that are linked to the one main current account. This is an issue as many recurring payments are being paid from the Spaces section of the account and neither those or the deposits into the space are showing. I hope there is a solution as this will ultimately mean that Quickfile will not work for me?

Hi @Silverquickfile

“Spaces” are just a virtual area on the Starling app that ringfences your money. This money never actually leaves your bank account.

The bank account in QuickFile should reflect your bank statement, which will likely show a higher balance than you see in the Starling app, because of the spaces.

The payments from spaces should appear in your bank account as normal, as these are just another transaction in your bank account.

Hope that helps!

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.