VAT Exempt items appear on VAT Return

Hello
Firstly, I’m completely new to Quick File so can I just say, from what I’ve seen, I think it’s brilliant! I can see why it was recommended to me. :smile:
I have a query regarding VAT exempt items appearing on the VAT Return though. When posting purchases, you obviously have the option to select no vat, but there’s a difference between zero rate and exempt. Zero rated transactions should appear on the VAT Return, which of course they do, but VAT exempt transactions are also appearing on the VAT Return, which normally, they wouldn’t. Am I missing something somewhere?
Regards
Annamarie

I’m pleased to hear that you have found the software to be useful!

Unfortunately you’ve just encountered a slight limitation with regard to out of scope VAT items. We don’t currently have any way to differentiate this so the VAT return would need to be manually adjusted. The good news is that we are committed to resolving this in the next 6-8 weeks. There is a similar discussion here along the same lines, with a workaround…We will be updating this thread once the limitation has been resolved.

http://community.quickfile.co.uk/t/zero-outside-scope-vat/1572

Oops, sorry, I did search the forum before asking the question but I missed this post. I’ll have a look at the workaround. Thank you for your reply.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.