Vat Figure Input

I am a new user and only want to send VAT submissions. At present, I don’t want to use the full service for now ie I dont want to list clients, suppliers, invoices etc (this may change). How do I send my vat figures (to reclaim) when the system boxes revert to 0/ zero because I have not entered invoices and therefore applicable vat. Again, a very basic question and I am a new user but I don’t know how to put in a figure (which will remain) ie 1500 when it auto reverts to 0. Many thanks in anticipation

Hello @PhilS

Under MTD you can not just manually enter figures into the boxes without any backing data.

QuickFile has 2 options for submissions.

• Enter your data and the return will auto populate based on what you have entered.
    (This service is free up to 1000 nominal postings in a rolling 12 month period then a power user subscription is required.)

Or

• Do a bridging submission (Requires a power user submission but you can submit your first one for free to try the service)where you import your figures from a spreadsheet containing your backing data.

More information on vat bridging can be found here

Thank you for this response. This wasn’t clear at the outset by either HMRC or Quickfile. My backing data is on my own spreadsheet. I need to think about this. Thanks,

As long as you use formulas within the spreadsheet to calculate the box values from your master records rather than doing any manual calculations, then a CSV export of the resulting sheet would be fine as input to the bridging module - the rule under MTD is no manual copy and paste or transcription of numbers, but exporting from one piece of software (the spreadsheet) and importing directly into another (QuickFile) qualifies as a digital link.

1 Like

Ian, thank you, that’s very helpful.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.