VAT figures are incorrect, figures within period are not being added

My figures on my VAT return are incorrect, could this be a software problem, i have contacted HMRC and they believe it is, how do you contact some body here ?

Hi @river

We’ll certainly try our best to help. Could you give us a few more details please?

For example, what exactly is the issue?

Hi Mathew.
After entering the relevant sales figures and possible purchase figures it appears that when I create a VAT return the figures within that date period are not being entered, I have check the entry dates and all appears well.
Thank you.
Paul

Which vat scheme are you registered for and what is the setting in QF plz?

And when you say “figures” how are you entering things? QuickFile builds its VAT returns from “sales” and “purchases” and/or their associated payments (depending whether you’re on accrual or cash accounting), it does not include journals or anything tagged from bank transactions as “something else not on the list”.

Good morning.
Thank you for respond so quickly, unfortunately i have very little access to a pc during the day.
I am using cash accounting and not the flat rate, i believe nothing has changed in the way i make an entry and to me it all looks normal, when i create a vat return the totals of my sales and purchases are incorrect.
Thank you

Paul

There’s an “export” button on the screen where you prepare the vat return that downloads a CSV showing exactly which payments QuickFile has used to calculate the return values. That is the quickest way to drill down and find the reason.

Bear in mind that on cash accounting what matters is the date of the payment, not the date of the invoice.

Thank you Ian, I will try that and keep you posted.
Paul.

Good morning, this attachment failed to send,

Hi @river,

Have you managed to download an export of your VAT return to see what is being included?

It’s also worth checking the dates of the payment transactions which have been linked to the invoices as if the dates are outside of your VAT period they won’t be included until the next return

Good morning.
Thank you for your help, I have sent 8/4/21 some pictures via email to you showing the information that has been entered,
Paul

Hi
Yes I have seen the export page and it shows that two entries are missing.
Thank you.
Paul.

Hi
I’m having trouble sending you pictures, please bare with me, I will keep trying.
Paul

Hi

Hi.

You say you are on cash accounting but the screenshots you have posted only show us the invoice date.

Without seeing the dates of when those invoices were paid we are unable to advise what the issue is.

The dates you receive payment for any invoice is what should show in your vat return for the period relating to when payment is made.

Please provide a picture of any invoice that isn’t being included but has a payment date that is within the vat period.

Hi, yes, you should have received emails with attachments that show the payment dates and also what is shown in box 1 on the vat return, a picture of the export should also be with you.
Thank you.
Paul.

Hello

Hi @river

If you view the invoices and then click on the link for the payment:

You will then be able to see the date of the payment that is linked - if this date falls outside of the VAT period it won’t be included, if this is an error then you will be able to amend the payment details from here

The invoice payment date is taken from my bank statement, that’s the date I enter, that date is shown on my sales but not being entered to box 1 on vat return