VAT MTD stopped working

Hi Quickfile

MTD connection for VAT submission has failed. After trying to reconnect through HRMC each time failed. I followed advice on previous forum topic by disconnecting account and reconnecting but still shows failed.

I have had no problems and using now for 2-years.

*You are not yet authorised to view this report for the *VRN *********** . Please ensure your VAT number is correct and you have connected the corresponding HMRC Tax Account. If you have recently enrolled on the MTD scheme please allow 24 hours for HMRC systems to update.

Hi @PJ1 ,

Have you checked in your VAT settings that you have MTD ticked?

Hi Beth

Tried everything at first but again just now was able to get to the connection page and the HRMC login had defaulted with email address. Changed to User ID and correct password and all has passed with submission.
Thanks all sorted.

1 Like

Hi Beth

Although this went through successfully yesterday unfortunately I had the the following email notifications today from both HMRC and Quickfile

HMRC The submission for reference ****** was received on 26/01/21. Unfortunately it could not be accepted as it failed HMRC data checks.
To correct this please use the help provided within the software you used to complete your form and send it again. If you continue having problems please contact the Online Services Helpdesk on 0300 200 3701

*Quickfile: has been unsuccessfully processed by HM Revenue and Customs. *
*Reason being: *
By ChRIS : The VRN specified 741495229 was not found.

Hi @PJ1

This in particular suggests that HMRC were expecting an MTD submission rather than the older version.

Can I just check that MTD is enabled on your account and the correct HMRC account is linked up successfully?

Hi Matt

It looks like it needed to be reconnected again since yesterday. Followed all steps and revoved the return and resubmitted. I noticed a change in the view and progress steps so looks like its a new fresh updated system?

I received a Quickfile email straight away with the amount and confirming successful HMRC submission so will keep keep an eye out for the next few days in case anything bounces back but I believe it is now sorted.

Thanks for your super quicks response!!!

1 Like

Where is this? I am still having issues

Hi @InfoBest

If you go to Reports > VAT Returns next to the Create button, you should see a settings button.

If you go into the settings about half way down the page, you should see the following options:

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Hi, i am having no luck with this. I signed up through HMRC over seven days ago but am still failing to connect. All the details are correct and the boxes are all ticked?

Is it because i am not putting GB before the VAT number?

Hi @InfoBest

Having the GB shouldn’t make a difference. Have you checked with HMRC to make sure the registration process has been completed?

Hi yes, it has been completed. I am no longer able to submit online through HMRC

Hi @InfoBest

What error(s) are you seeing and where (e.g. on the VAT creation screen, or connecting your HMRC account)?

It fails on connection

What error messages are you seeing? You’re welcome to upload a screenshot if that would help, just remove any sensitive data before posting it.

Thanks @InfoBest.

If you hover your mouse over “Failed”, you should see an error message and a brief description which HMRC sends us.

Thanks

Client Or Agent Not Authorised.

Barry

Hi @InfoBest

There are a few reasons for this. It’s worth checking out this link which highlights a few reasons, and some steps to try and rectify it: Making Tax Digital: Troubleshooting

Let us know how you get on, or if you need further help.

Thank you. I have email HMRC for support.

Barry

1 Like