VAT MTD value is too high (invoices from pre-VAT reg)

Hi. My invoices have a VAT total which is much lower than the MTD report that has been generated. It looks like the calculation is adding in values from invoices from before my VAT registration, calculating a VAT based on the invoice value. This creates a VAT payment which is more than double what it should be. How do I resolve this? Thanks.

I’m confused - if these other invoices are from before you were vat registered then they won’t have any VAT on them anyway as you weren’t charging it? Or have you done previous returns outside of QuickFile and now need to do one in QuickFile because of MTD? If you were previously using QuickFile for invoices but submitting your returns elsewhere then how did you record your VAT liability in QuickFile for when you needed to pay the VAT to HMRC?

I sorted this in the end. You were right, the original reason to move to QuickFile was MTD. The first return was simple but this time was more complex. Having tidied it all up the results made more sense.Thanks.