VAT on service charge administered by property agent on my behalf

My commercial property agent administers the service charges on our commercial property on our behalf.
They issue the invoices and hold the funds but have stated they we need to add the VAT element of the sales and purchases from the service charge account to our VAT return.
Is the best way to just adjust the VAT return figures manually and keep a record of the changes.
We cannot create invoices as these are done by the property agents, they only supply copies of the invoices and purchases relating to the service charges.

Hello @broomlee

As we are not registered accountants or bookkeepers, I would not want to confirm this either way.

We recommend speaking to an accountant. If you don’t have an accountant, we have a panel of accountants to choose from, for more information, please see the following link:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.