VAT online automatic

Hi, my Online filing was working well, but for whatever reason it doesn’t now.

Question, is the password i use in quick file for online sending of VAT return the same password as I use to log into the HMRC gateway? Or would there be a different username and password for the VAT section?

It should be exactly the same, if you can use the user ID and password to log directly into the gateway it should work fine when submitting from QuickFile. Common reasons why it may not work is if you’ve copied it in and inadvertently included any leading or trailing spaces, it may also be case sensitive.

What error message are you getting?

Thanks, what i got was an email stating the following.

Thank you for sending the VAT submission online.
Unfortunately it could not be accepted as it failed HMRC data checks.
To correct this please use the help provided within the software you used to complete your form and send it again.

Not sure if this could be one of a few things. either the password, or the registered office of the company.

I’ve sent you a private message as I can’t find your account. If you get back to me on this I will look further into this for you.

Thank you for PM’ing me the details. The last message on the account is as follows:

By ChRIS : The VAT Period you have entered 2014-05 for the VRN 157059301 was not found, please check and resubmit if necessary.

Can you please double check your VAT number? Also remove any spaces between the numbers, that may help.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.