VAT Return Confirmation of Submission

The HMRC website states: Your software will confirm that HMRC has received your return. You will not receive a confirmation email from HMRC.
Where do I see confirmation that my return has been submitted? When I look on Quickfile Reports - VAT Returns the Status is just SAVED and the Details is blank?

Hi @TayCuff

If your VAT return is showing as “SAVED”, it hasn’t been submitted, only saved to your account.

Have you successfully enrolled for MTD, and linked and enabled it on your QuickFile account?

Thanks for the prompt response. Yes I have enrolled and have a ‘Sign up complete’ email from them

Have you successfully linked your HMRC and QuickFile account?

I’m not sure, how do I check?

If you go to Reports >> HMRC, do you see any accounts listed there?

If there is an account listed there, you also need to check that Online Filing and MTD is enabled in your VAT settings (Reports >> VAT Returns >> VAT Settings).

If no accounts are listed, you will need to link your HMRC account. This grants QuickFile permission to then file on your behalf.

Yes I’ve checked HMRC Tax Account has my company listed although there is no UTR Number displayed?
Yes I’d already checked both the Online Filing and MTD boxes

Hi QFMathew, can you advise?

I’ve rolled back that VAT submission and now get:

You are not yet authorised to view this report for the VRN 604987710 . Please ensure your VAT number is correct and you have connected the corresponding HMRC Tax Account. If you have recently enrolled on the MTD scheme please allow 24 hours for HMRC systems to update.

My VAT confirmation email was 23/8/19

Hi @TayCuff

Rolling back and re-submitting the return would be the correct way to process this. Effectively you’re undoing the saved return and then submitting it to HMRC.

This would suggest either your confirmation hasn’t been processed (which doesn’t seem to be the case here), or you’ve linked an incorrect Government Gateway account. From experience, some people will have several - VAT, Corporation Tax, etc. So it would be worth disconnecting your HMRC account and re-linking it, ensuring it is the one that was used to enrol on MTD, and is capable of submitting VAT returns.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.