VAT return creation and submission

I can’t create or submitt my VAT I get the enclosed error

That usually means one of three things, either:

• you’ve not connected your tax account at all (on the Reports → HMRC page), or you have connected it but not selected it for VAT on the VAT settings page
  • you’ve got several different accounts on the Government Gateway (e.g. one for your own self assessment and a separate ID for your company’s VAT and/or corporation tax), and you’ve connected the wrong one to QuickFile
  • as the message suggests, you’ve only recently enrolled for MTD VAT

Often the safest way to make sure you’re connecting the right account is to log in to QuickFile in a “private browsing” / “incognito” window, disconnect all connected accounts on the Reports → HMRC page, then go through the “connect” process again. Using private browsing guarantees that there won’t be any old HMRC login cookies lying around that might be causing it to connect the wrong tax account.

Dear Ian,

Thank you for your help.

The issue was that the connection to HMRC has to be renewed every 18 month.

Gerry

n

Hello @GerryT

I have gone into your account and selected the vat link box next to your good connection.

You need to open and rollback the Saved 1 Sep 2023 - 30 Nov 2023 return.

You can then generate and submit it

Thank you

Do you have some sort of maintenance contract I can take out.

Hello @GerryT

We offer a Power User Subscription which can be purchased from your account (Here)

Pricing can be found here

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.