VAT return date on dashboard for period proceeding filing start date

Hi,
Signed up with Quickfile mainly for VAT MTD.
Thought all in order when I initially set-up the VAT settings but now have something which is slightly concerning.

I have VAT periods ending Mar, Jun, Sep, Dec (and I’ve thus selected option for “VAT period” for Jan, Apr, Jul, Oct - because the setting relates to period starting - right?).
I also set the VAT filing start date to April 1st 2022.

But today I noticed on the dashboard a prompt to file my VAT return by May 7th - i.e. the return for the period Jan - Mar. I have already made this return by the ‘old fashioned’ method. I don’t want Quickfile to try and file some kind of empty return with HMRC at some future date, and it kind of makes me concerned about making whether I can rely on Quickfile to make future returns correctly too.

Has anyone any knowledge or suggestions on where I may have gone wrong here?
Or is it a bug?

Can I just dismiss the prompt to file the return in some way?

Thanks in advance.

Hello @unitedimperial

I can see on your account, you have not connected you HMRC tax account yet for MTD filings.

In Account Settings > Company settings you can add your tax account so QuickFile can talk to the HMRC’S systems and pull your filing dates.

Thanks.

That makes sense then.
Will connect ASAP.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.