VAT Return including transactions from 2015

My latest and first MTD Vat return for the period 1 Apr 2019 - 31 Mar 2020 is incorrect, beacause there is a bug that has appeared in the software.

I have exported and checked the CSV and my VAT return is including figures from 10 Apr 2015 - 5 Apr 2020 i.e. every transaction since starting with Quickfile.

The date range IS auto filled set at 1 Apr 2019 - 31 Mar 2020

How do I get some support for this?

Hi @Noelable

It’s likely to be a setting that needs changing rather than a bug.

As this is your first VAT return, can you please go into your VAT settings, and check the “Start Date”? Setting this to the first day of when VAT needs to be accounted for will ignore anything prior to it.

Thank-you, but this is my 11th Vat return (only first under MTD), the first 10 or so quarterly then I switched to yearly accounting in 2017, the setting is correct at 1/4/2015.

I have thought of changing this to 1st April 2019, but that is simply a workaround rather than a fix for the issue.

Have you changed VAT accounting scheme at all (from cash to acrual, or vise-versa)?

I haven’t changed any settings, the last change was to annual accounting (march 2017) and it’s always been on an accrual basis.

The only change has been to sign up to MTD

Hi @Noelable

Let me send you a private message so we can look into this for you.

Thank-you, do you need some details from me?

Yes - we’ll take a look at it. But to keep the details of your account etc. private, we’ve asked for them in the private message.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.