VAT return looks different

Hi,

My VAT return screen on quickfile, used to look normal. But since my old accountant did a change from accrual accounting to cash accounting and my VAT return suddenly increased by 500 000 turn over. Got a big scare and my new accountant solved it by reversing the change.

However i’m now surprised to see my VAT screen view has completely changed and i don’t know why, neither can my new accountant help, since he is new at quickfile.

My return is due now in tow days and i’m worried about submitting something that may be wrong?

below a screen shot of what it used to look like, and now what it looks like:

Screenshot 2020-03-28 at 08.38.22|690x624

The change in the appearance of the screen is correct, QuickFile has two different VAT return systems and they seem to be gradually transitioning existing accounts from the old to the new view (mine switched two or three quarters back).

However your particular numbers in the second screenshot look suspect - even on flat rate I wouldn’t expect to see a non zero value in box 4 coupled with zero in box 7. What is that about? Normally on flat rate box 4 is zero unless you’re reclaiming the VAT on a capital purchase over £2,000 or accounting for a reverse charge purchase, and in that case the corresponding net should go in box 7.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.