VAT return rolled back and re-submitted is not shown in Tax Summary

Hi,

I am just starting with QuickFile, so I suspect this was a complete user error!
I had 2 tax returns all submitted and everything was good - they appeared if I scrolled through previous periods in the Tax Summary page and on the VAT returns page. But, I wanted to update the item descriptions on the invoices to improve readability. The invoices were locked due to the tax return being submitted (I input to HMRC manually, so this is just in QF and not live yet, although I am currently waiting for confirmation of my MTD enrollment, so that may confuse matters).

So, I rolled back the tax return so that I could edit the invoices. I re-submitted the tax return (I had to untick the online/MTD to allow me to do it), and it seemed to submit happily. If I look at the return itself it has non-zero numbers, but the same period shown on the Tax Summary just shows £0 for all entries.

Do I need to do something to re-sync these in some way, or have I messed it up in another way?

Thanks for any pointers!

Nick

Hi @Nick_Robberts

Are you on cash or accrual accounting? The tax summary report is just for reference, but actually uses accrual accounting (regardless of your scheme).

Hi,

I am on accrual accounting, and I double-checked it was still checked. It was all okay before I rolled back and re-submitted the one return. I checked all periods (at the moment we only have 2 tax returns starting from Sept 2018) - there is only one debit on one period (that doesn’t match the VAT details for that period), but the liabilities total is correct overall.

Hopefully, it will be correct for current period on, as it is a useful summary, but it would be nice to work out how I did it!

Thanks

Nick

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.