VAT return showing next quarter, not current quarter

Hi,
I am currently trying to make my first digital VAT return for period 01/02/2019 to 30/04/2019, however and even though all the dates on my invoices for that period are correct, all calculations (all correct) are showing under 01/05/2019 to 31/07/2019 period, ie next return.
How do I please make these figures appear under the current quarter, 01/02/2019 to 30/04/2019.
Many thanks,

PS Also, I was reading about rollback, however, I cannot see this option on the page at all.

Hi @Hammy

When you create your VAT return, are you selecting the 01/02/2019 - 30/04/2019 period? It’s also worth checking your VAT start date in your VAT settings.

Regarding the rollback option, this is basically an “undo” function of a saved/submitted VAT return.

Hi,
Thank you so much for your prompt teply.
Indeed, I chose the right period (01/02/2019 to 30/04/2019) and in line with VAT quarter (Feb/May/Aug/Nov).
All the figures are correct its inly that they show under the next Quarter. All my invoice dates are within Feb to April 2019.
Best regards
Any suggestions will be most useful.

Hi again,
I must mention that the dates are correctly set up on the VAT settings page, but the range of dates are greyed out (showing next Quarter and cannot be adjusted) and wrong on the VAT return yet the figures are absolutely spot on and belong to the current Quarter that I am trying to do the return for.
Best regards.

Just to double check here - are you on cash or accrual accounting? I know you mentioned that the calculations are correct, but if you’re on cash accounting, it’s worth checking your payment dates too.

Again, thank you so much for your prompt reply.
I have all my invoices paid within the current 3 months period so nothing outstanding. I click on VAT return, I get two outstanding and open returns, the return showing the current period has zero figures yet the second one that is the next quarter (may june july) shows the correct figures!
Cheers

Let me send you a private message and get some more specific details from you, and we can take a look

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.