Vat return submission failed. Please file the VAT return for the period begining

Hi, we have submitted VAT returns in the past but we de-registered for VAT for a period, we have now re-registered for VAT and wish to send a return using QuickFile. I have updated the credentials and VAT number accordingly.

When I now try to submit our VAT return with our new VAT credentials for the period beginning 01-Dec-2016 I receive the following message:

Vat return submission failed.
Please file the VAT return for the period begining: 01/04/2015

Is this a relic of the previous period of VAT registration still lingering in QuickFile? Is there any way to nudge things so that QuickFile will submit the current VAT return? I get the impression that the error is not simply because the current VAT period has not quite closed yet but perhaps that is the cause?

Hi Ben

The system will only allow VAT returns to be filed in sequence without any gaps. In order for the system to pickup from December 1st a NIL return needs to be filed for that interim period when you were not VAT registered.

I’ve actually lodged that NIL return to your account so you should now be able to file for the quarter commencing 1st December 2016.

Hope that helps!

That’s great! Thanks for your help

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.